NFPS Level 2 Course in the Use of Force to Control and Restrain Pupils
Course Title: NFPS Level 2 Course in the Use of Force to Control and Restrain Pupils
Duration: 1 day
Maximum Candidates: 10
Overview: The aim of this course is to provide guidance and instruction for school staff in the underpinning legal knowledge and physical skills necessary to enable them to be able to control and restrain pupils in line with current UK Law. It covers amongst other topics:
- The relevant sections of the Education Act 2011
- The Common & Criminal Law and in relation to the use of physical force for the purpose of controlling and restraining pupils.
- The relevant sections of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 in relation to the use of force to control and restrain children.
- The Department of Education Guidance for Schools in England issued in 2011.
- The relevant sections of the Children Act 1989, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the United Nations Conventions on the Rights of the child in relation to the use of physical force.
- How to minimise the risk of death by positional asphyxia and the risk of injury to staff and children in line with current statute and guidance.
- The Health and Safety requirements of using force in the workplace.
- What techniques should not be used, consistent with Coroners recommendations and various reports, guidance and statistical evidence into the use of children.
- How to apply the appropriate and effective physical skills competently for the purpose of controlling and restraining violent children.